Monday, June 18, 2012

Thank you PsychicTeachers!

First of all, I would like to thank the PsychicTeachers over at BlogTalkRadio for launching me on this exciting journey!  Two amazing ladies, Deb Bowen and Samantha Fey, are behind the microphone every Sunday night at 9pm EST.  If you can't tune-in live, you can find them on iTunes and download all of their podcasts so that you can listen at your convenience.  I am trying to catch up myself; there are 100 plus episodes and each is an hour-long.  They are such a wealth of information I squeeze them in whenever I can!  I am not above listening to them while a.) showering b.) grocery shopping, and c.) walking in lieu of music!

I have learned so much, Deb and Samantha have a lot of great information and real world experience to share with their listeners and they do it in a fun, light-hearted way.  Some of the many subjects they have covered are working with and using crystals, awakening your intuition, tarot, palm reading, grounding and protection, numerology, chakra balancing, mediumship, meditation, the list goes on and on.  It really brings me back to sitting around my mother's kitchen table with a couple of my favorite "aunties" and talking about all the woo-woo stuff, as my dad called it, while the men folk barbecued in the back yard!

As much as I love both of these ladies, I feel an especially deep kinship to Samantha.  Growing up Catholic and intuitive was not easy, there were many times that I felt  completely and directly in conflict with the teachings of my family, friends, teachers, church leaders, etc. I'm from a small town, it was hard to hide, I was the strange one. Thankfully, I had a mother (and a few aunties) that quietly supported me and encouraged my growth as long as it didn't cause any unwanted attention.  She would sneak me off to the library in the next large city and even introduced me to card reading with playing cards, as tarot cards were absolutely not allowed in our home!

It has taken me many years to come to terms with these issues, and I feel that listening to the PsychicTeachers have assisted in making this a more peaceful and enlightened journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment