Monday, June 18, 2012

Subliminal Meditation and Brainwave Technology

My first experience with meditation began with subliminal meditation and brainwave technology.  It was 2010 and I was at my wits' end trying to lose the last bits of baby weight after my son was born.  It had been a year and I still had 15 to 20 lbs to lose!  Nothing worked for me, I was running in the cruel North Carolina heat, counting every calorie, drinking meal-replacement shakes, calorie cycling, you name it - I tried it!  I was really frustrated and feeling overwhelmed.  On a whim, I looked up hypnosis and a few more clicks down the rabbit-hole I stumbled upon Kelly Howell's BrainSync website.  I remembered that a co-worker had successfully used some of her guided meditations to overcome complications from a surgery that caused more problems than it fixed.

So I downloaded a Weight Loss meditation in mp3 format, plugged in my headphones and never looked back!  Every evening I would put my son to bed then turn on my iPod and listen to the soothing music, I couldn't hear any of the spoken messages, while my husband read.  It actually became a nice routine; helping me to unwind from my day before turning in for the night.  I honestly don't know how to explain it, but within six months, I was able to lose 30 lbs.  I went from a size 10 to a size six.  That was two years ago and I've still managed to keep the weight off.  I occasionally listen to that meditation to make sure the message is sticking in my head...  so far, so good!

I have downloaded many other subliminal meditations, guided meditations, and vibrational healing meditations using brainwave and isochronic technology to varying degrees of like/ dislike/ success. It is really only this year that I have started to explore silent meditation where I (try to) clear my mind and focus on breathing, and what a wonderful new world that is opening up to me!  I will write more about these experiences in upcoming posts.  I guess if there is any one message in this post, it is that I believe in the power of meditation.  It works, and this is coming from someone who (at the time) didn't know the difference between a chakra and a grassy plain in Jaipur.

"...knock and the door will be opened to you."
~Matthew 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment